If you are learning Chinese and you haven’t installed this extension for your web browser yet, please pay close attention, because this will raise the quality of your life significantly.
For Chrome browsers follow this link (available for Mozilla Firefox as well). This is what the description says about the Zhongwen pop-up dictionary:
- Look up more than 100,000 words an expressions while reading
- Chinese web sites just by pointing at the words with your mouse
- Includes links to grammar and usage notes for more than 400 keywords
- Skritter users can add new words to their study list with a simple keystroke
- Save words to a built-in word list
- Create Anki flashcards by importing the text file exported from the built-in word list
- Easily look up example sentences on tatoeba.org
For Mozilla users click here. This one may not have all the features of the Zhongwen Chinese-English Dictionary, but is still a great help.
I can only agree with what other users wrote to express their satisfaction:
I use this add on with my language studies to help quite a lot. It’s really helpful. Thanks a bunch for it!Firefox-user
This add-on is quite handy for language learners trying to navigate the Internet in Chinese. I appreciate that there are options for both traditional and simplified characters, as well as different ways of rendering Mandarin pinyin. And it just got handier; I’m excited to see that support for Cantonese has been added in version 2.1!Firefox-user